Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 1

Summary of my random acts of kindness for the week:

Monday: held the door at the gas station for the guy delivering pop. Yes, pop.
Tuesday: I was at Barnes and Noble doing case notes on my way home from work, because it's a nice little place to sit and type with few distractions. As I was leaving, I gave the guy at the counter in the cafe a dollar, asking him to apply this dollar to the next purchase made, whoever it was made by.
Wednesday: I have a friend whom I have not heard from or seen an online presence from in a while, and I usually will either see them or see them online a few times a week. I sent a message to her (electronically, but at least it's something) asking if everything was okay and telling her I would help if I could. I still haven't heard anything from her, but I hope she at least knows I care.
Thursday: Although I probably should not have done this, I bought a small bag of chips for a client as we took a long road trip to a rehab facility to check her in.
Friday: I let someone cross in front of me at an intersection when I actually had the right of way.
Saturday: I passed up a closer parking spot at a store when I could have parked there and let the person in the parking lot behind me take it.
Sunday: I let someone merge in front of me when approach one of St. Louis's crazy exit only lanes.

Not too shabby for my first week, I don't think. A lot of traffic niceties, and not that there is anything wrong with that, but I think I can do better and be more creative. My favorite thing I did this week was leaving the dollar at Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. The cashier first looked at me like I was a weirdo, but when I told him it was my random act of kindness for the day, he smiled and said "very good". I hope I inspired him or the recipient of the money to pay it forward.

1 comment:

  1. Just by reading your post you have inspired me! Its kinda funny how random acts of kindness can spread in so many different directions. Oh and that friend you sent the message to really appreciated the care, concern, and above all friendship. I am sure of it :)

    ReplyDelete