Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Week 4

Sunday: Donated extra money to homeless pets at PetCo when I picked up Boomer from his grooming appointment.
Monday: Tipped someone who doesn't necessarily need tipping (carry out lunch)
Tuesday: Took an online survey for a company I recently visited and left a glowing review.
Wednesday: Picked up lunch for my team at work.
Thursday: Complimented one of my coworkers on the awesome job she does.
Friday: A friend had a really hard day on Thursday, so I followed up with her to see if she was doing okay.
Saturday: Let someone left turn in front of me out of a parking lot.

So if you are keeping track, I should be on week 5, not week 4. But I'm just going to go ahead and be honest here. I have depression, and it's a bitch. During the springtime it gets worse, which is the opposite of most people. I got hit really hard this year for some reason and during what should have been week 4, I was pretty much just going through the motions. I went to work, went grocery shopping, provided dinner, etc. But I couldn't think outside of myself. I pulled myself together though and have started back up with being mindful enough to look at other people and realize that these little acts of kindness, no matter how small, can help me to feel better about myself. I need to remember this:

Mark Twain quote:

So even when I am not feeling fond of the world, or myself, kindness is still within my power. I'm back on track and a week behind, but I will continue to try to be kind, even when that might mean that I am just being kind to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment