Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week One

Sunday: Valentine's Day. I was nice to everyone. Including sending some texts to friends who are not necessarily Valentines, but people I care about and appreciate very much.
Monday: I sent some messages to my team at work letting them know how awesome I think they are and how grateful I am to work with them.
Tuesday: See photo. In the past I have left my change from buying a drink in the machine for the next person to find, but our machine at work is trying to sabotage this and does not give change. So if we put in a dollar, we have to buy two. Which is fine, I just stick one in the fridge for another time. But I decided to do this instead.
Wednesday: I bought the husband some of his favorite candy when I stopped at the gas station on the way home from work. 
Thursday: Traffic on Thursdays is a nightmare for me, mostly because it is the only day I leave the office at 5pm with the rest of the world (other days I get done earlier or later by at least an hour). I'm pretty sure 90% of the drivers on the road are just as frustrated as I am, but I let someone in front of me in the standstill traffic on the highway. Speed Limit: 60. Speed I was going : 2. 
Friday: I complimented another co worker on her general awesomeness. 
Saturday: As the husband and I were waiting to be called for dinner we were standing outside because the lobby was claustrophobic. A woman outside tried to put something in her purse but it fell and dropped to the ground. She didn't notice it, but I called it to her attention so she wouldn't walk off without it. 

Week one was a success. As I suspected, I have less opportunity since I am in an office based job and don't interact with as many strangers as I used to. But as the title quote says, where there are people, there are opportunities. I also had a pretty good week in general, so it wasn't as challenging as it could have been. There have been weeks in the past when I am wrapped up in my own struggles and it is difficult to find ways to be kind to others when I can hardly be kind to myself. But as someone who works in mental health, I know that being kind to myself is necessary and sometimes the hardest thing to do. So there may be days in the future when I count that as my random act. 

Go forth and be kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment